(Series 33, ep. 45 by Colin Bytheway 3.8.19) You know the drill – click the link to Metro for my full review of this episode. But first…
– Ciaran’s dislike of Connie is coming across as not entirely professional (to say the least). ‘The mighty Beauchamp is still gliding through the department’ sounds petulant and hissy. And he was so thick not to look in her bag for the pills.
– Jade is adorable. Memorising a poem for Marty’s mum was above and beyond the call of duty.
– David is also adorable, though I’m not sure he had to tie Charlie up with a bum bag to convey his message that Charlie and Duffy would get lots of support from the team. It was funny, though.
– Poor Marty, though. ‘You’re just not the son that I envisaged’ was absolutely cutting.
(Series 33, ep. 44 by Nick Fisher and Dana Fainaru 27.7.19) For my full review of this episode take yourself over to Metro, home of the best soaps coverage in the land. But first…
– Ciaran is definitely playing a part in Connie’s deterioration, isn’t he? If she was surrounded by nothing but the caring, sharing likes of Charlie and David and even Dylan in his gruff way, she wouldn’t have been pushed to such extremes. As it is, she’s got Mr Charming at her shoulder muttering threats like ‘I wanted to give you a chance to save face before you become utterly unemployable.’
– But still… Duffy! If Connie had sacrificed Duffy at the best of times it would have been dreadful, but the dementia storyline has given it an added poignancy that works really well.
– Robyn has noticed that ‘there’s something not right with Mrs Beauchamp’ so it’s only a matter of time before everyone else twigs as well.
– When Duffy was looking at that photo of herself back in Ye Olden Dayes when Casualty was young that was a really sad moment.
– I loved Rosa, and her presence really lifted the episode. I’m looking forward to seeing more of her.