(Series 21, ep. 51 ‘Lemons’ by Ed Sellek 17.12.19) Pop over to Metro to read my proper review. But first…
– I’m very sad to see Lee Mead leaving Holby. He was one of the people I interviewed for the Holby book (just before the photo at the top of this blog was taken) and he was so lovely – serious and thoughtful about his work, grateful for all his opportunities, genuinely humble and very kind and considerate to me.
– Line of the week – (Carole and Ange look at the Winter Wonderland that’s appeared in the garden)
Carole: It’s a bit… actually, it’s more than a bit. It’s a lot.’
Ange: ‘Yeah, it is a bit.’
(Dom comes over) Dom: ‘Do you think it’s a bit..?’
Carole: ‘Well I thought that’s what you were going for.’
– Line of the week (2) – Carole: ‘A year’s not long. Think how quickly Strictly comes around. That’s a year.’
– Dominic giving Lofty a new saxophone! Bless!
– Max saying that Zoe has given up smoking and they’re trying for a baby! Also bless! Though I do recall that Zoe had quite serious fertility issues?
– Max generally. Still gorgeous.
– I liked that Robyn was in Lofty’s first ever episode of Holby and she was also there for his last (for now – I hope he’ll come back).
– Daisy Wood-Davis is really good as Phoebe. She has some of the same intensity of Evan himself, which is quite unsettling.