(Series 21, ep. 9 ‘Guts’ by Martin Jameson and Patrick Homes 26.2.19) Head over to Metro to read my full review of this episode.
Before you go, a few random thoughts.
– Is it a bit odd that Jac’s making such a thing about Zosia settling for second best by being at Holby? If Holby is that inferior, why is Jac (best CT surgeon in the world) still there? Frieda came back to Holby to ‘learn from the best.’ Might that not be what Zosia is doing? I suppose Jac’s line ’You were supposed to grow up’ is the significant thing. Jac feels that Zosia is still in a drama loop rather than lifting herself to the next level of surgical brilliance.
– Arlo looked absolutely nothing like George Clooney. Nothing.
– Al Nedjari (who played Tarek) has hardly changed since he was Deirdre Barlow’s toyboy Moroccan husband on Corrie.
– I hope Sacha and Patricia do get together because they’re both lovely.
– I suppose Lofty’s ‘honeymoon with Sheilagh’ is just a ruse to give Lee Mead some time off to pursue his singing and other projects. I hope they don’t use it as an excuse to quietly bump Sheilagh off (due to a nasty bug on a cruise ship or whatever). She hasn’t met Carole Copeland yet.
– Line o’ the week was from Hanssen: ‘This situation is many things, but under control is not one of them.’ This could be the motto for almost every Holby episode ever.
– And it’s certainly the motto for the upcoming crossover episodes. Watch out for some juicy spoilers for both episodes from me on Metro on Saturday morning. To make sure you don’t miss anything follow me on Twitter and Facebook