(Series 21, ep. 52 ‘Be True, Be Brave, Be Kind’ by Ed Sellek 19.12.19) Take yourself to the wonderful Metro site (home of the best soaps coverage bar none) for this week’s review. But first…
– I love Charlie Condou so I was very excited to hear that he was joining Holby. From this first glimpse of Ben Sherwood I think I’m going to like his character. I liked the way he’s trying to impress by being just a bit extra – and the way Sacha suggested he didn’t need to do that.
– But I do not appreciate Sacha’s heart being broken just before Christmas by having to see Essie kissing another man.
– Does Kaye Wragg have it written into her contract that all new doctors have to fall for Essie in their first episode? She must have an excellent agent if so.
– I like Mr Sinha as well. I would quite like him to be permanent but I have the feeling he might just have been brought in for the Bea storyline.
– I’ve already said that I found Bea very irritating, so I’m afraid her demise didn’t move me at all, despite the best efforts of all concerned.
– I loved Carole and Ange staging an intervention to sort Dominic out. And I love the way Donna is always the one who knows what’s going on with people. She’s very wise.