(Series 22, ep. 7 by Johanne McAndrew and Elliot Hope 18.2.20) I’ve reviewed this over at Metro as usual, so please have a look. But before you go…
– How brilliant is it to see Hanssen back? As soon as I heard his first words (‘Long night, Mr Copeland?’) I felt televisually hugged. If that makes sense.
– It was very lucky for Carole that he was back, but on the other hand when Sacha told her ‘Try not to worry,’ I thought (not for the first time) that Sacha is the doctor I’d want looking after me. Unless I needed heart surgery, in which case Jac every time, obvs.
– I’m very excited to find out how Hanssen will oust Max McGerry. I rather love it that he’s plotting quietly, and I also think she might be aware of it and will have some counter strategy of her own going on. I’m looking forward to an epic showdown.
– Fletch in the dinosaur costume. Adorable.
– Carole and Hanssen! He has feelings for her! I love that.
– Carole telling Dominic, ‘You made me smile every day.’ And him saying ‘I love you, Mum.’ I’m so happy that the Ange business hasn’t dented the Dominic/Carole bond.
– Cameron. What do we think? I’m still of the opinion that these nasty personality traits we’re seeing recently are coming from him trying too hard to be what people expect him to be – the Wolfe cub. He’s immature, arrogant and a bit daft rather than being actually nasty. That’s what I’m hoping, anyway.
– And the Ben/Dom kiss I’m hoping will be just the thing to split Essie and Ben up and get Essie and Sacha back together.