(Series 22, ep. 24 by Lucia Haynes 4.8.20) Yikes, talk about a cliffhanger! Off you go to Metro to read my review, but before you do that…
– Holby doesn’t usually do cliffhangers as such, but leaving Ric helpless under general anaesthetic as a drunk and vengeful Selfie heaves into view – we’ve got to be worried for Ric’s safety. Luckily Louis is in the operating theatre with him, and we’ve seen that Louis is quite fearless when it comes to protecting what he thinks is right.
– Which now makes me worry for Louis as well…
– Line of the week: (Selfie to Jac) ‘Even if I’ve been drinking I’m twice as good as any neurosurgeon.’ (Jac) ’Please tell me that’s on your LinkedIn profile.’
– Line of the week 2: (Ric to Max) ’I don’t need a friend drilling into my skull. I need a surgeon who isn’t going to wilt under pressure.’ (Max) ’I never wilt.’
– All scenes between Ric and Isaac were precious.
– The little scene between Ric and Donna before he went off to have his operation, and both of them fearing they might not see each other again. Adorable.
– Nicky and Cameron in the on-call room though. I am also now worried for Nicky. So much worry.