(Series 21, ep. 37 ‘Gods and Monsters’ by Alex Straker 10.9.19) For a thorough probing of this review pop over to Metro (and be delighted by all the other Holby coverage there). But first…
– It was a while ago since I watched this episode (I’ve been on holiday) so my recollections are a bit hazy. Hence this will be a poor selection of further thoughts and I apologise for it.
– Everyone accepted Isla as Essie’s adopted daughter very readily, but nobody thought it was odd that she hadn’t mentioned it before. And wouldn’t she be entitled to some adoption leave? Anyway… plot reasons etc.
– I was amused when Chloe announced that ‘all that drama is now behind me.’ Hello? You do realise you work in Britain’s most dramatic hospital?
– I honestly thought Fletch had had his pretty head turned by Evil Evan, but I should have more confidence in Holby’s King of Nurses. And so should Ange (but I’ve known him longer than she has, so I do feel guilty).
– ‘Does Mr Griffin seem a little more highly strung this morning?’ Lofty wondered. Yes he does. Though I’m not surprised he couldn’t remember his password – it was ridiculously long and meaningless.
– The return of the Tan twins was very sweet and Mrs Tan was lovely. The scene where she advised Ric to not ignore his problems was very emotional.