(Series 21, ep. 31 ‘Things My Mother Told Me’ by Martin Jameson 30.7.19) Please head over to Metro for this week’s in-depth review (it’s quite a long one, so maybe get the kettle on – and read this bit – first).
– Does Nicky really like Cameron, romantically, do you think? She responded fairly sharpish to his kiss. But she must have seen him mooning about after Chloe?
– When Alex said she was the love of Bernie’s life do you think she was? There was amazing chemistry between them when we first saw Alex soon after Bernie’s arrival on Holby. The army was a huge part of Bernie’s identity and Alex shared that in a way Serena never could. It was clear that Serena was very precious to Bernie, though, and there was no attempt to airbrush her out of her life as soon as Alex was back on the scene.
– It was interesting that the Darwin patient, Delia, was scared of the treatment she was going to have. I’m sure most people are scared before operations but on Holby they hardly ever show it.
– There was a little reminder that Lofty has a baby on the way, although he doesn’t realise it. That’s obviously going to be a Thing in the not-too-distant future.
– As is Evan. Though I do wonder whether Chloe really needs a divorce – was the bedside wedding legal?* I suppose Evan is the type who’d have rushed off and got all the legal stuff sorted the minute his drip was removed.
– Carole can’t leave, because we haven’t seen her and Hanssen dancing yet, and I so much want to see Dancin’ Hanssen.
– Line of the week: (Carole) ‘Dominic has made a new life for himself and I’m very happy for him but if it’s alright with you I’m going to hang on to my Dazzle.’ Said so much in just one line. Beautiful.
* I have now heard from an extremely reliable source that the bedside wedding was indeed legal, so Chloe does need a divorce, or at least an annulment.