(Series 22, ep. 3 by Katie Douglas 21.1.20) Pop over to Metro for my in-depth probe of last night’s episode. But first…
– Catherine Russell is going to be so much missed at Holby. Feisty, fearless, funny, flawed Serena Campbell has been a wonderful character and I hope we see her back again at some point in the future. And I also look forward to seeing whatever Catherine does next.
– Line of the week: (Sacha’s response on hearing that Essie has been out dancing) ‘Tea- or line-?’
– Line of the week 2: (Alex) ‘I’m not lonely, Serena, I’m just sad.’
– Serena’s farewell to the group in the doorway was really moving, especially her words to Cameron that Bernie had been proud of him.
– Though she did leave the Linden Cullen Memorial Shrubbery behind without a last glance at the final resting place of her mother and of Bernie’s ashes. And the Raf Di Lucca memorial Lump. And the Digby memorial Wonky Plaque. Okay, I concede that if she’d stopped to look at all that she’d have been wandering around that Shrubbery for hours while Donna, Jason, Sacha etc shivered in the doorway and got muscle strains from prolonged waving and smiling tearfully.