(Series 21 ep. 28 ’Reckless’ by Nick Fisher 10.7.19) You know the drill – full review over at Metro. But first…
– I think we can definitely file Evan under ‘wouldn’t trust him as far as you could throw him.’ And I am really rubbish at throwing things. I’m sure he didn’t want to get himself stabbed, but once he had been stabbed he definitely spotted an opportunity to get Chloe to agree to marry him.
– We still don’t know what drives Evan to behave in the controlling way he does. Perhaps when we meet this ‘Sophie’ who’s his next of kin we’ll start getting some answers.
– I’m still loving Jack Ryder’s work as Evan.
– I also loved Helen, Lofty’s Vegas fling. She reminded me quite a bit of Jac’s sister Jasmine and you could see why Lofty would be attracted to her. It was nice that as soon as she discovered that Lofty was married she tried to back off without causing any upset.
– A while back, Dominic was quite keen on the idea of having a baby and it was Lofty who was reluctant. I wonder whether that’s the last we’ll see of Helen…
– Fleur Fanshawe is wonderful. There’s something about that Obs & Gynae ward that produces really good characters (yes, I still miss Mr T. And Mubbs. And Owen).
– Dialogue of the week:
Ric ‘You go, girl.’
Serena ‘Did you just say “go girl”?’
Ric ‘Yes. It was a bit weird, wasn’t it?’
Serena ‘It was disturbing.’