(Series 22, ep. 13 by Simon Norman 7.4.20) Click on the link to read my full review over at Metro. But first…
– Max and Selfie. Can you imagine those two together, really? I suppose they’re both two extremely damaged souls who also happen to both be mega brain surgeons, so they do have a lot in common. And compared to Max’s relationship with Louis, Selfie’s relationship with Zosia makes him seem like Parent of the Year so perhaps he can give her tips.
– Max is just horrible, and once again I love that she’s horrible. Good work by Jo Martin.
– Essie, Dominic and Sacha. Not only are Kaye Wragg, David Ames and Bob Barrett all brilliant actors, they work brilliantly together. There’s an intimacy and real affection there that shines through and makes these scenes totally heartbreaking.
– Jac and Kian. Absolutely yes, as far as I’m concerned. They have that shared history which gives Kian a key to Jac’s inner self which most people don’t have. She’s ice and he’s fire (a nice cosy fire rather than the blazing scary sort). They just work.
– As do Zav and Donna, so boo hiss to Cameron for breaking up one of the nicest couple ever on Holby. In my book that’s far worse than killing Evil Evan who frankly deserved it.
– There’s an interview with Tyler Luke Cunningham (Louis) here if you’re interested – not talking about Holby but more generally.