(Series 22, ep. 5 by Nick Fisher 5.2.20) Pop yourself over to Metro for my full-length review of this episode. But before you do that…
– Line of the week: (Sacha) ‘We have found you a beautiful bowel.’ It’s in the eye of the beholder, I suppose.
– I loved Ric and Sacha on the roof in deckchairs. It was a lovely contrast to the last time they were up there when Sacha was having suicidal thoughts. And the conversation about Ric’s busy romantic history was very amusing.
– But I’m getting very frustrated by the Sacha/Essie storyline. It’s so obvious they should be together. Ange is busy advising each of them individually – why doesn’t she just sort them out?
– Do you think Nicky would have come up with the necklace-stealing idea if she hadn’t been drunk? I can’t help thinking she’s going to feel really terrible about it in the morning, because she’s a good person really.
– Donna is a lot more sensible these days, but I loved this episode’s hark back to her ditzy Donna days – first with her beautician sideline (only during breaks, of course), and then with her attempts to impress the casting director. And the Donna/Zav partnership still continues to be a delight.
– It was good that they got a mention of Duffy into the script (beloved nurse who just died on Casualty, for those who don’t know).