(Series 22, ep. 2 by Katie Douglas 15.1.20) For my grown-up review of this episode pop over to Metro. But first…
– I was reading some old PLA reviews from 2011, and lo and behold they were trying to close Darwin down then as well. It was Henrik Hanssen who was in charge that time. I like to think he’s learned his lesson and he’ll come back and rescue everything and get the porters back in their maroon polo shirts again.
– Line of the week: Nicky asks Jac how she’s been. Jac – ‘I’ve been fine, McKendrick. If we take “fine” to mean medicated and at my lowest ebb.’
– But she apologised for her behaviour in theatre when she was last there. This is a new, more self-aware Jac that we’re seeing, but she is still 100% Jac. I love how the writers and Rosie can continue to evolve this character even after so many years.
– It was nice to see Casualty Marty in the upstairs wards. I like his character and I love a bit of a Casualty/Holby crossover.
– Sacha and Essie! Someone tell them, please.
– Why isn’t Max keen on Serena? And does she really think Ange will be any more compliant than Serena is? I don’t quite get it. But I like that Ange said she won’t be a stick to beat Serena with.