(Series 21, ep. 44 ‘Hubble Bubble’ by Joe Ainsworth 29.10.19) Pop over to Metro to peruse this week’s review. But first…
– You’d have assumed things would have gone back to normal after the craziness of last week, but you’d be wrong. It’s Halloween, so we must have ghosts. Evan was a very good ghost (he even did that twitch thing that he started to do in the cottage-in-the-country episode).
– I’d have also enjoyed a Ghostly Gaskell, but you can’t have everything.
– They keep showing Joseph in the ‘Previously’ sections (thank you, Holby people) – so I think we have to blame a lot of Jac’s mental anguish on her heartbreak at having to deal with losing him yet again. I can relate.
– Bernie (whom we and Cameron have to deal with losing on a gradual and weekly basis) has now taken her rightful place in the Linden Cullen Memorial Shrubbery where her remains will be free to drift around the delightful landscape and possibly settle as a fine dust on the Raf Di Lucca Memorial Lump.
– It was nice of Cameron to offer Serena a bit of ash and also nice of her to refuse (‘She was your mother’), but what about his sister Charlotte? Did she have no view as to her mother’s final resting place?
– I hope Jac’s getting lawyered up ready to fight That Stacey and the Man with the Missing Balls for custody of Emma.
– Dominic was so sweet with the trick-or-treat kids. It seems to be Lofty who has the problem with impending fatherhood, which is inconvenient to say the least.
– Line of the week: (Ric, on possibly meeting the health minister) ‘I must remember to wear my formal pyjamas.’