(Series 34, ep. 8 by Colin Bytheway 12.10.19) My longer review of this week’s Casualty is over at Metro as usual. But before you go…
– Dialogue of the week: (David – to Duffy) ‘We’ve got some good news’ (Dylan) ‘Alright, David, you make it sound like we’re about to get married.’ (David) ‘Are we not? Well that’s £12.99 wasted on a new cummerbund.’
– Do they do cummerbunds with attached bum bags? I think I might have spotted a gap in the market there.
– That child killer story was a bit nasty, wasn’t it? Though not as nasty as this one from 2015.
– Ethan and Effie are adorable, but I can see why her dad thinks it’s a bit weird.
– It amuses me how many ways they find to have Duffy hanging around the ED dispensing her breathtakingly good People Skills. At the same time, I love that they’re doing it because her dementia storyline is heartbreaking and Cathy Shipton and Derek Thompson are being absolutely brilliant with it.
– I loved Dylan’s description of Ethan as ‘This eager young professional.’ Dylan is hilarious.