(Series 33, ep. 46 and 47 by Hilary Frankland, Patrick Homes and Katie Douglas 10.8.19) For this week’s review please head over to Metro. But first…
– In the end I felt really sorry for Connie. Compare this exit to her magnificent departure from Holby City in the Snow Queens episode to see just how low she’s fallen. And, like she told Charlie, it all stemmed from that brutal attack.
– Almost needless to say, but Amanda Mealing really has been wonderful in this storyline.
– The ‘previously’ bit at the beginning – there’s something about the way Ciaran says “You threw Duffy under the bus” through gritted teeth that makes me laugh.
– Good to know that Hanssen is still capable of pulling off a magnificent loom when he needs to. He didn’t so much loom in that pharmacy as manifest himself. Classic.
– I was amused by Iain telling Siobhan she couldn’t bring “that sort of baggage” (i.e. being an alcoholic) into the ED. There’d be no staff at all if that rule was rigorously applied.
– Line of the episode, and important piece of life advice: (Iain) “If you’re gonna mess up, do it after Jan’s had summat to eat.”