(Series 21, ep. 25 ‘Pigeon’ by Andy Bayliss 20.6.19) My full review of this episode is over at Metro as per. Before you go, I have a few random thoughts.
– I’m going to have to start with Quote of the Week, which was of course Jac on FaceTime to Emma’s little friend. ‘Who are you? Your face is too big for the internet. Go away.’
– There was also Ric’s little dig at Brexit with his ‘All the good nurses go to Europe’ comment.
– I can completely believe in Donna and Xavier as a couple. The way she watches out for him and cares for him is pleasingly real.
– Which I can’t really say for Fletch and Ange. Thanks to Alex Walkinshaw’s impeccable acting skills, Fletch did look properly pleased and sweet about liking Ange and feeling he needed to tell Jac about it. But it’s weird that we’ve hardly really seen him together with Ange. And we’ve never seen Ange when she wasn’t stressing about ‘my brain-dead patient/my long-lost son/my highly-strung daughter,’ so his description of her as ‘really nice’ will have to be taken on trust.
– Poor Sacha! No relationship ever lasts on Holby so it’s probably a mistake that we ever want them to happen in the first place, but he was just starting to be happy with Patricia and now they seem about to be ripped apart. It’s tragic.