(Series 33, ep. 39 by Elliot Hope and Johanne McAndrew 15.6.19) For my full and sensible review, have a look at Metro. Before you go, some random thoughts.
– It’s very hard watching Connie’s descent into drugs hell. She looks frightened and vulnerable and it makes me wish she, Iain and Duffy would all go off for a spa holiday together and look after themselves and each other. Out of the three, Connie is perhaps the least likely to do anything like that because she always has to appear to be on top of everything.
– This is why she blamed Archie for her intubation mistake. I expect those mistakes are not entirely unheard of so she could have just said ‘Oops. My bad.’ But that’s not how Connie works, particularly when she has ‘troubleshooter’ Ciaran shooting trouble all over her department.
– I wonder what Archie’s going to do with the knowledge that Connie has thrown her under a bus, though?
– I felt so sorry for Jacob when he found out that Omo doesn’t have long to live. She’s still denying him the small comfort of being able to look after her, or at least have a relationship with her. It’s a very hard situation.
– Back to Connie for line of the week.
Ciaran: ‘You sound like my ex-wife. What’s next? “It’s not you, it’s me”?’
Connie: ‘Oh, it’s definitely you.’