(Series 21, ep. 19 ‘Ex Marks the Spot’ by Joe Ainsworth 7.5.19) For a full and frank review of this episode, please head over to Metro.
Only a few further thoughts this week:
– Is Evan gearing up to be the next big Holby villain, or is he just a needy and manipulative twonk?
– It’s reassuring to know that the HR department of The Mythical St James’s is every bit as ‘relaxed’ as the one at Holby, enabling staff to be hired on the bitchy whim of a third party recommendation.
– Poor Carole spilling the beans to Chloe. Carole really can’t be enjoying her new receptionist job, bless her.
– Kian was really sweet with Victoria Parker/Molly Pecker, but I’m still getting a Matteo Rossini vibe. I don’t feel I quite have a handle on his character yet.
– Ric was extremely sweet with Darla. He may have messed up a bit with his own children, but as a granddad he’s ace.
– And I felt really sorry for Essie when Darla offered to let her adopt the baby. You could see there was nothing she would have loved more, but she knew it wasn’t possible. Poor Essie.