My full review of this episode is over at Metro as usual. Before you go, I’ve a few random thoughts to add.
– Is Iain the unluckiest man ever to drive a Casualty ambulance? I expect you’d be able to give me a list of other unlucky paramedics (dear departed Jeff springs to mind – at least Iain is still alive), but even so – the poor lad has been through it, hasn’t he? I can’t help thinking Base’s death will tip him right over the edge, because Base was Iain’s project to help himself feel better for not saving Mia.
– The scene in the farm with gunshots spraying everywhere was extremely tense. Excellent work once again from Maddy Hill, who looked absolutely terrified.
– It’s always a bit weird when a surgeon from ‘upstairs’ appears and they’ve never even been mentioned on Holby City. I know they can’t have the Holby staff dashing over to Cardiff all the time, but I can’t help thinking that Andrew Ackroyd wouldn’t last five minutes in Jac Naylor’s department. She’d demolish him.
– Ernest Maxwell and Louise are very sweet together. I like how he’s a bit of a rogue but she sees his sweet side, and he brings out the best in her. I’m very worried that it’s not going to end well, though.
– Alicia’s moved fast on the house selling, hasn’t she? She must have taken quite a shine to Manchester.